Please ensure you read the following important information
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you enable us to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
a. Strictly necessary: cookies that are required for the operation of the site. They may include for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
b. Analytical/performance: cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
This website uses Google Analytics to set cookies. For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
To stop Google collecting this information, use the following link to opt out of all Google analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Symsrudd Limited – Privacy Notice
Who Are We?
The Unified Transport Systems website is owned and operated by SymsRudd Limited and this privacy notice is issued by SymsRudd Limited. SymsRudd Limited is a consultancy which specialises in transport services.
SymsRudd Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What is a privacy notice?
This privacy notice explains how and why we collect, process, store and delete any personal information we collect in undertaking our duties.
It applies to all our services and instances where we collect your personal data.
What is personal data?
Your personal data is data which, by itself or together with other data available, can be used to identify you.
Your data will be processed in accordance with the applicable data protection laws in force. The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 apply with effect from 25th May 2018.
What data do we collect?
The types of personal data we collect and use may include:
- Full name, address, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Financial details e.g. salary, benefits and details of any other types of income
- Bank details
- Employment status
- Personal data about other named persons with whom we have your authority to speak. You must have their authority to provide their personal data to us and share this privacy notice with them beforehand together with details of what you’ve agreed on their behalf.
We shall tell you if some personal data is optional including if we ask for your consent to process it.
Do we collect special category data?
We may also collect information that is referred to as being in a ‘special category’. This is data that is more sensitive. This could include:
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature
- Criminal convictions
- Sexual orientation
What are the reasons we can collect and process your data?
The above information is used to provide our services in our capacity of a consultancy, investigation and training firm, to act on your instructions, to provide you with access to services provided by our trusted partners and to market services to you that we think will be of interest to you.
The lawful bases for processing are:
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- It is in our legitimate interests to do so
- You have given us your consent (this can be withdrawn at any time by advising our data controller by emailing email@example.com).
Who will we share your data with?
We may share your personal information with third parties (people or organisations not part of SymsRudd Limited) in certain circumstances.
These circumstances include:
- when we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data because the law says we must in order to comply with any legal or compliance obligation. For example if the Police, a Court or a relevant regulatory body required us to.
- where it is necessary to share or disclose your personal data to protect the rights, property, or safety of SymsRudd Limited, our clients, or others, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; and
- when you are our client and it is necessary to pass your personal data to third parties for them to carry out the services you have requested. For example, to access our e-learning through our learning management system provider, or when you request additional legal services from a solicitor or barrister.
Sharing your data with other countries
In some cases we will transfer personal data outside of the EEA.
The primary reason for transferring your data to a country outside of the EEA will be the provision of e-learning and because it is necessary for the performance of your contract with us.
Where we do transfer your data outside of the EEA we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place at all times. In the case of e-learning services this transfer is to the USA and the party providing those services is certified under the EU-US privacy shield. You can find out more about the privacy shield by visiting the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shiled website and the Infomration Commissioner Office website, www.ico.org.uk
How do we store your data and how do we keep it safe?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously.
We have security measures in place to ensure that our paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised use, loss or damage.
Any information obtained will be stored securely and kept only for as long as we need to keep it.
The maximum time period we will hold your data for depends on the purpose it is used for.
Data collected as part of our investigation, legal and advice services will usually be retained for a maximum period of 7 years unless there is good reason to keep the data for longer, for example a legal issue is ongoing. We will inform you at the time if it is necessary for us to keep the data longer than 7 years.
If you leave a comment on the website, for example on the blog section, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users who register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit this information.
What happens if we make changes to this policy?
We may periodically update our Privacy Notice and suggest that you check our website from time to time to review our latest notice.
Will you use data to make automated decisions?
We do not use data to make automated decisions.
What rights do you have to access and manage the data we hold about you?
A person who has provided personal information to SymsRudd Limited has certain rights. These rights are:
- To access personal data held about themselves and to access this data easily
- To ask for data that is wrong to be changed
- To ask for data to be deleted (subject to whether the data is needed for continued contractual needs)
- To object to processing (subject to whether the data is needed for continued contractual needs)
- To restrict processing (subject to whether the data is needed for continued contractual needs)
To make a request to amend or view data held about you please contact the Data Controller. Subject Access Requests are free unless they are manifestly unfounded, excessive or for additional copies of data already provided.
The Data Controller for SymsRudd Limited is:
152 City Road
You can contact the data controller in writing or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy about the way that SymsRudd Limited has handled your data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting www.ico.org.uk/concerns